Waukesha County Ordinances
APPENDIX A: BASIC ZONING ORDINANCE
View Complete Appendix (Full Sections)
Sec. 9 R-1 Residential District
9.01 Use regulations
(1) Permitted uses:
(A) Any use as permitted in the A-2 Rural Home District.
(B) The keeping of usual household pets and hobby kennels but not including the operation of a commercial kennel unless a conditional use permit is obtained.
9.02 Building location
(1) Setback: Fifty (50) feet minimum.
(2) Offset: Twenty (20) feet minimum
9.03 Height regulations
(1) Principal building: The maximum height of a residential structure shall meet the following requirements:
(A) A point measured from the lowest exposed point of the structure to the highest floor line shall not exceed 27 feet, and
(B) A point measured from the lowest exposed point of the structure to any eave shall not exceed 36 feet, and
(C) A point measured from the lowest exposed point of the proposed structure to the highest point of any roof shall not exceed 46 feet, and
(D) On waterfront lots, no building or structure shall contain more than three (3) stories when viewed from the waterfront.
(2) Accessory buildings: Eighteen (18) feet maximum.
(Section 9.03 was amended by Enrolled Ordinance 160-03, effective 05/13/05.)
9.04 Area regulations
(1) Floor area:
(A) Minimum required:
1. First floor: Nine hundred (900) square feet.
2. Total: One thousand three hundred (1,300) square feet.
(B) Maximum F. A. R. permitted: Ten (10) percent.
(2) Lot size:
(A) Minimum area: One (1) acre.
(B) Minimum average width: One hundred fifty (150) feet.
(3) Open space: Thirty thousand (30,000) square feet minimum per family.