Waukesha County Ordinances
Chapter 4: County Board Operating Procedures and Rules
View Complete Chapter (Full Articles/Sections)
ARTICLE V. COMMITTEES, COMMISSIONS AND PANELS
Division 3. Commissions and Panels
Sec. 4-213. Local emergency planning committee.
(a) There is established a local emergency planning committee.
(b) The local emergency planning committee shall consist of at least thirteen (13) but not more than twenty-two (22) members. Members shall be appointed by the chairperson of the county board of supervisors for terms of two (2) years. The committee shall, following appointment, elect from its members a chair, vice-chair, and secretary. The composition of the committee shall be as follows:
1. At least one (1) but not more than two (2) elected officials, one (1) of whom shall be a county board supervisor.
2. At least eight (8) but not more than ten (10) representatives from emergency responder professions and organizations of law enforcement, civil defense, first aid, firefighting, health service, hospital, transportation, and local environmental.
3. At least one (1) but not more than two (2) representatives from broadcast or print media.
4. At least one (1) but not more than two (2) representatives from community groups.
5. At least two (2) but not more than six (6) representatives from owners or operators of facilities subject to the federal Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986, Title III, requirements.
(c) The duties of the local emergency planning committee shall be as follows:
1. To have the powers and duties of a committee established under 42 U.S.C. 11000 to 11050 and under sections 323.14(1)(a)3 and 323.14(4)(a), Wisconsin Statutes.
2. To take all actions necessary to ensure the implementation of the local emergency response plan.
3. To consult and coordinate with the county's emergency management coordinator and the judiciary and law enforcement committee, the county's designated emergency management committee, in the execution of the local emergency planning committee's duties under this section.
(d) The provisions of section 7-94 pertaining to per diem payments shall not apply to members of this committee. Members of the committee may claim reimbursement of travel expenses in accordance with the provisions of section 7-95.
(e) The committee shall be bound by all pertinent federal and state laws, administrative rules and regulations, and the Waukesha County Code of Ordinances.
(Ord. No. 147-10, 5-26-92)
Cross references - Judiciary and law enforcement committee, § 4-170.