PLANNING, ZONING, LAND USE & GIS RELATED LINKS
Next to each website is the title of the site or a brief explanation of what the site offers:
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Center for Land Use Education (CLUE)
For information on this organization that creates learning opportunities for communities to help them make sound land use decisions that result in a sustainable Wisconsin.
- Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU)
For information on this organization that promotes walkable, mixed-use neighborhood development, sustainable communities and healthier living conditions.
- Department Automation Triangle
- Farm Service Agency (FSA)
For information on this federal agency that serves all farmers, ranchers and agricultural partners through the effective and efficient delivery of agricultural programs, while providing an economically and environmentally sound future for American agriculture.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Ice Age Trail Alliance (IATA)
For information on this organization whose mission is to create, support and protect a thousand-mile footpath tracing Ice Age formations across Wisconsin - the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
- Land Divisions & the Wisconsin Highway System
- Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
For more information on this organization that is a leading resource for key issues concerning the use, regulation and taxation of land.
- Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA)
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), formerly the Soil Conservation Services (SCS)
For information on this federal agency that works with landowners on private lands to conserve natural resources and provides technical assistance to help farmers and ranchers develop conservation systems uniquely suited to their land and individual ways of doing business. The agency also provides assistance to other private landowners and rural and urban communities to reduce erosion, conserve and protect water and solve other resource problems.
- Shoreland Restoration
- Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC)
- State Cartographers Office (SCO)
Wisconsin's resource for information about maps, cartography, geographic information systems (GIS), land information systems (LIS) and geospatial technology.
- State of Wisconsin Administrative Code
- State of Wisconsin - Department of Administration, Division of Housing (DOA)
For information on housing and homeless programs.
- State of Wisconsin - Department of Administration - Land Information Program (WLIP)
For information on Plat Review, Municipal Boundary Review, Comprehensive Planning, Census, etc.
- State of Wisconsin - Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP)
For information on the Working Lands Initiative, Farmland Preservation Program, etc.
- State of Wisconsin - Department of Natural Resources (WDNR)
For information on waterway and wetland permitting, shorelands, wetlands, floodplains, construction/demolition/renovation, storm water, dams, wells/water supply, groundwater, wastewater, mining permits, threatened and endangered species, recycling, solid waste/landfills, hazardous waste, air permits, energy and utility projects and forest managment.
- State of Wisconsin - Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS) (primarily the Division of Industry Services)
For information on the Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC), POWTS (Private Onsite Waste Disposal Systems), storm water, commercial buildings, licensing, swimming pools, petroleum and tanks, etc.
- State of Wisconsin - Department of Transportation (WDOT)
For information on rules, permits and licenses, highway projects, plans and studies, design and construction, mapping, safety materials, etc.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
For information on housing and urban development.
- UW Extension Brochure "Protecting your Water Front Property"
- U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
For information on this agency that works with others to conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, plants, and their habitats for the continuing benefit of the American people and promotes stewardship of lands and natural resources.
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
For information on this organization that provides leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
- Wisconsin Chapter American Planning Association (WAPA)
- Wisconsin Counties Association (WCA)
- Wisconsin County Code Administrators (WCCA)
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
For information on economic development, community development, the Main Street Program, minority businesses, etc.
- Wisconsin Historical Society (WHS)
- Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA)
For information on financing programs to help stimulate affordable housing and economic development and support agriculture throughout the state.
- Wisconsin Lakes Association (WLA)
For more infomation on this statewide organization working exclusively to protect and enhance the quality of Wisconsin's 15,000 inland lakes for the benefit of this and future generations, and for assuring the collective right to use and enjoy Wisconsin's public waters.
- Wisconsin Lakes Partnership
- Wisconsin Lakes Publication
- Wisconsin Realtors Association (WRA)
- Wisconsin State Statutes
We are not responsible for the content of links outside of our site, and cannot answer questions about links outside our site. If you would like your website added to our links, please Contact Us.