ANIMAL WASTE MANAGEMENT PERMITS
Animal Waste Management
WHEN: Applicant intends to install a new or significantly alter an existing animal waste storage facility.
WHY: To prevent surface and ground water pollution and prevent the spread of disease pursuant to the Waukesha County Animal Waste Management Ordinance – Chapter14 of the Waukesha County Code, available online and in the office of the Waukesha County Clerk.
WHO: The Waukesha County Department of Parks and Land Use – Land Resources Division issues permits. See Staff Who Can Help.
HOW: Submit a complete application and fee to the Land Resources Division.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION SHALL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
VARIANCE OR APPEAL
- An appeal of a decision made by the Land Resources Division must be made to the Board of Adjustment within twenty (20) days from the date of the staff’s decision. Staff of the Land Resources Division will assist you with the appeals process.
- An applicant can anticipate review of a permit application to be completed within fifteen (15) working days.
- A Preliminary Site Evaluation by the Department of Parks and Land Use – Environmental Health Division may be required. Contact the Environmental Health Division for assistance. See Staff Who Can Help.
- Zoning or Conditional Use Permit from the Department of Parks and Land Use – Planning and Zoning Division may be required. Contact the Planning and Zoning Division for assistance. See Staff Who Can Help.
- Staff of the Land Resources Division or the USDA – Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) are available to design the animal waste management facility and related systems.