The Federal government provides a variety of entitlements to which veterans, their dependents and their survivors eligibility.
- Compensation for veterans with service connected disabilities.
- Pension for veterans with non-service connected disabilities that fall within income and disability eligibility guidelines.
- Pension for widows and dependents of deceased veterans that fall within income eligibility guidelines.
- GI Bill education benefits for veterans with entitlements. (www.gibill.va.gov)
- Home Loan Guaranty First Mortgage Home Loan.
- Burial Benefits - flag, grave marker, burial allowance and burial in a government cemetery.
- Dependency Indemnity Compensation for widows and dependents for veterans that died from a service-connected disability or were rated 100% service-connected disabled for a period of 10 or more years.
Chapter 35 education benefits for spouses or dependents of veterans rated 100% service-connected disabled, and for widows and dependents of deceased veterans that died of a service-connected disability or were 100% service-connected for 10 years or more at the time of death.
For more detailed information on these and other federal veteran programs, visit the U.S. Department of VA at http://www.va.gov/. The Waukesha County Department of Veterans' Services will gladly assist with applications for the above listed entitlements. For more information please call (262) 548-7732 or submit email to firstname.lastname@example.org.