Public health nurses provide care and assessments for adults and seniors living in Waukesha County with health problems in the home, including:
- Chronic illness
- Safety issues
- Deteriorating health
- Mobility issues affecting self care
- Inability to perform activities of daily living
- Persons in need of medical or health resources
- Education about medications
- Persons physically and mentally stressed by care taking responsibilities
Where do I go?
- Telephone referrals to Public Health can be made by calling 262-896-8430. Referrals can be faxed to 262-896-8387.
- Adults and seniors can be seen in Public Health's Walk-in Clinic for:
- Physical health assessment
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Anemia screening
- Cholesterol and glucose screening
- Medication counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Health education
If further information is desired, please contact the Public Health Division at 262-896-8430, or toll-free at 1-800-540-3620. TTY/TDD 262-896-8234
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact a medical professional or call 911.